MEETING MOVED TO SEATTLE
ACOW WILL MEET THIS THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2005, 6:00 p.m., SEATTLE
LAMB HANSON LAMB APRAISAL ASSOCIATES, INC.
650 South Orcas Street, Suites 114 & 218, Seattle, WA 98108-2652
Bill King’s office in Federal Way will not be available for ACOW’s use because Bill will be out of town. Next month’s meeting on September 8, and subsequent ODD MONTH’s meetings, will be at Value One Appraisal in Federal Way until further notice.
AGENDA ONLY - NEWSLETTER LATER
LHL IS LOCATED AT 650 SOUTH ORCAS STRET, Suites 114 and 218, on bend of the street and immediately east of the U.S. POST OFFICE IN GEORGETOWN 98108 (T. BRO. 595-A6), BETWEEN FOURTH AVENUE SOUTH AND I-5. Exit I-5 at SOUTH MICHIGAN STREET / CORSON AVENUE SOUTH, EXIT #162. ( Albro Place, #160, when coming from the south is much longer and circuitous) .
AGENDA (including “Bullet Point” items)
- Secretary's Report
- Treasurer's Report
- President's Report
- · ACOW AT THE SUMMIT VII - August 18 & 19: DOL Update, Supervising Trainees, and Breaking News for Appraisers: “Bubble”-Is it real?, Lender Pressure, and Documentation & New Forms.
- Maximizing benefits for Clients, Borrowers & Appraisers with new appraisal report forms.
- · 2005 LEGISLATIVE implementation: Trainee Appraiser Bill (SB5274), now Chapter 339 of the Laws of 2005 - Implementation planning is underway, including drafting of revisions to 308-125 WAC.
- · REAC meets next on August 18, 2005, 18 at Snoqualmie Summit, WA. Agenda is at: http://www.dol.wa.gov/app/appfront.htm. Visit it regularly for latest info, especially for Agenda Items 6-9.
- · DOL Appraisal Program - Beta Testing of On-line Renewal is about to begin. See program web site.
- · DOL Appraisal Program - Register for latest Appraiser Program news on the ListServ Ò .
- · FNMA’s new forms required on and after 11-01-2005, usable now as are various test forms.
- · Web Site enhancements underway. www.acow-wa.org
- · ACOW membership growth is necessary for appraisers’ futures. Statewide billing.
- · 2006 LEGISLATIVE FUTURE: ACOW expects the related topics of Lender Pressure and Predatory Lending to be in the forefront, along with appropriate revisions to the Mortgage Brokers Practices Act (19.146 RCW). A meeting with DFI is being scheduled. Also, DOL is expected to seek legislative revival of 2005’s HB 1395 “Modifying provisions concerning the uniform regulation of business and professions” (18.235 RCW).
- ACOW Monthly Meeting Schedule: August 4, Sept. 8, Oct. 6, Nov. 10, and Dec. 8, 2005.
- Other Old Business
- New Business